Friday, May 11, 2012

A Deal at the Altar by Lynne Graham

A Deal at the AltarA Deal at the Altar by Lynne Graham
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Book Blurb:
Having pulled himself up from the streets of Athens, Sergios Demonides thought he had seen it all. Then Beatriz Blake walked into his office and asked him for a marriage of convenience!

Independent, proud and unadorned, Beatriz is a far cry from the usual glamorous women who grace his bed. But Sergios doesn't need another trophy—he needs a mother for his late cousin's children.

The overlooked Blake heiress and the ruthless billionaire strike a deal. But she doesn't read the small print—the one that sees them sharing a bed!


My Review:
This is the second book in the trilogy of three sisters; the first book was Roccanti's Marriage Revenge.

I’m a huge fan of Lynne Graham and that probably is the only reason why I even considered buying this book, had any other author written it I would have probably given this story a miss

This book could have been a great lynne Graham novel, but it fell short. The book failed to engage me; I didn’t see a real connection between Sergios and Beatriz, Lust yes…Love no

If you don’t like arrogant overbearing hero’s who dish out lines such as ‘I have a mistress. Melita is not negotiable,” and "Melita was part of my routine"Yikes!!! ...... you are not going to like this book.

However, I have to say this book was a marginally better read than Roccanti's Marriage Revenge.





3 comments:

  1. THanks for warning me. I used to love Lynne's books but after her duets I'm feeling rather disillusioned and I have sworn off books that have the hero with a mistress in the first chapter. I've been trying to get up courage to read some of her new books by revisiting ones I loved in the past. Maybe I'll just stick with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my TBR pile. I adore Lynne Graham's stories. One of my favorites is The Greek Tycoon's Blackmailed Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that one, I would have to say my Fav. is The Spanish Groom.

      Delete