Thursday, May 3, 2012

Jilted by Rachael Johns

JiltedJilted by Rachael Johns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jilted by author Rachel John was amazing, this book reeled me in from get go. The writing was flawless and the way this book started out was pretty unique. I liked the buildup to Ellie and Flynn finally running into each other literally 10 year after Ellie had jilted Flynn at the alter with out a word or an explanation, this is where the story takes off.

There was nothing rushed about this book, I loved the pace, the story flowed seamlessly through the chapters. Jilted put me through an emotional roller coaster, I laughed, I cried and routed for the Ellie and Flynn and hoped they would get a HEA they so deserved.

Jilted is a story about small towns and big relationships; of facing your demons and perseverance in the face of adversity; of forgiveness and second chances; of friendship and True Love that transcends through time, loss, and pain.

Jilted was hard to put down, I so badly wanted to see Ellie and Flynn fall in love again and get back together but I wasn’t sure how this story was going to end. The author kept me engrossed and at the edge of my seat.

I really enjoyed reading Jilted, this was my first book by author Rachel John and it definitely won’t be my last.

Book Blurb:
She left him at the altar, but her heart was always his...

After more than ten years away, Australian soap star Ellie Hughes returns to the small country town of Hope Junction, determined to remain anonymous while caring for her injured godmother, Matilda.

But word spreads fast in the tight-knit community. It isn’t long before the people of Hope’s are gossiping about the real reason for Ellie’s visit and why she broke the heart of golden boy Flynn Quartermaine all those years ago.

Soon Ellie and Flynn are thrown back together again, forced to deal with the unresolved emotions between them. For Ellie is not the only one with secrets. Flynn has his own demons to battle, and Matilda is hiding something from her much-loved goddaughter.

When all is uncovered, can the ill-fated lovers overcome the wounds of their past? Or is Flynn destined to be jilted again?

No comments:

Post a Comment