Sunday, April 8, 2012

Innocent in the Ivory Tower by Lucy Ellis

Innocent in the Ivory TowerInnocent in the Ivory Tower by Lucy Ellis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



‘Innocent in the Ivory’ was great fast paced read by Harlequin Presents debut author Lucy Ellis’s this book was engaging from get go. Alexei Ranaevsky and Maisy Edmonds meet when Alexei’s godson Kostya is orphaned following the death of his parents and being cared for by his nanny Maisy.

Alexei Ranaevsky the infamous Russian billionaire playboy unlike true to form Presents hero’s, was larger than life, an endearing Alpha hero you will fall in love with. Nanny Maisy Edmonds was shy and sassy a great combination of character traits. The chemistry between Alexei and Maisy sizzled of the pages; the dialogues between the characters and the narration was fresh, witty and very well written.

A couple of extracts from the book:
“It’s safe to look, dushka. Although I’ve got no idea what’s spooked you, Maisy. It’s not as if you haven’t been introduced.”

“Maisy, I’m a bit toxic at the moment. You need to give me a wide berth. Can you do that?”
“You are an amazing man Alexei Ranaevsky. I don’t think I’ve stopped long enough to smell the coffee on that one.”


I would have liked to read an epilogue, the ending kind of felt rushed to me and for that I have to give this book a 4 star. I would definitely recommend this book and look forward to reading more from Lucy Ellis.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment