Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Way they Were by Mary Campisi

The Way They WereThe Way They Were by Mary Campisi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rourke Flannigan and Kate Redmond were young and very much in love, then one night tragedy tore them apart and changed their lives for ever. He hasn’t spoken her name in fourteen years. She keeps a journal hidden in the back of her closet and permits herself to write about him once a year—on the anniversary of the first and only time they made love.

‘The way there were’ was an emotionally packed reunion story full of drama, intrigue and passion. It was a story of second chances and love that transcends time.

I thought the characters were well rounded and plot well thought out with surprise twist and turns thrown in. The interaction between Rouke, Julia and Abigail was adorable to read.
This story kept me hooked, I couldn’t wait to get to the end to find out if Kate and Rouke would get their HEA.

Having read this book by author Mary Campisi, I will definitely be on the lookout for more. If you were looking for a book to engage all your emotions, I would definitely give this book a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment